Paris was a fairy tale trip! Our hotel was less than a block from the Eiffel Tower! We could go out on the balcony, and see it from our room! The weather was beautiful every day we were there. I was in awe of the Eiffel Tower. We went up inside! You will see from the pictures, there are two levels. The “tiny” objects are taken from the very top! The Notre Dame Cathedral is so OLD, and gorgeous! The Louvre is absolutely the most beautiful place I have ever been. The grounds were immaculate: beautiful flowers, trees, statues, fountains...amazing! Once inside, there were several museums. We visited the Egyptian Museum, the Statue Collection, and the Art Gallery. Of course, the highlight was (drum roll please) the MONA LISA! It is true, she looks like she is looking right at you no matter where you stand! I did expect the painting to be bigger, but it did not disappoint! There is just something about seeing a masterpiece you have heard about all of your life! The town itself is very different than London. I can’t put my finger on it, but London seems much more organized, ready for tourists, “with the program.” Paris, is more relaxed, “loosy, goosy”...I loved it! It was really a beautiful city...the architecture was amazing! We noticed the bridges all had small padlocks locked all over them, so we had to find out about that. When couples come to Paris, it is a tradition, to put a lock on the bridge, and throw the key into the Seine River. It symbolizes that their relationship will last forever, and cannot be unlocked! If it doesn’t last, well, the lock is a symbol of something that was wonderful, or stands for the scar “true love” left behind! I must like to eat because I think my favorite part of Paris was the sidewalk cafes! It was so fun just to sit at the small tables for two, facing the street, and watch the people go by! We had a great time!
You know, I was “talking” with a friend on Facebook the other day…I know that God has always led Larry and I…just as He has you…One Step at a Time. But at this point in our lives, WE are more aware of it. God hasn’t changed…He never changes!
| View of the Eiffel Towel from our hotel room patio...about 1/2 block away! |
| Arc de Triomphe...honors those who fought and died for France |
![]() |
| View of the Seine River from the TOP of the Eiffel Tower! |
| Our hotel on the left from the TOP! |
| Paris from the TOP |
![]() |
| Another view of Paris |
| pretty street corner... |
| Guess What! |
| The locks on one of the bridges |
![]() |
| Notre Dame Cathedral |
| Yummy chicken salad at a lovely sidewalk cafe |
![]() |
| FUN, FUN, FUN! |
| Arc on the grounds of The Louvre |
| The Louvre |
| Grounds of The Louvre |
![]() |
| Can you tell we REALLY liked the Eiffel Tower??? :) |






No comments:
Post a Comment